Over the next month, many of us will be busy tallying receipts and calling up our family accountant, with hopes of a half decent haul from the IRS. Should you be so lucky, you may be planning to take an overdue summer vacation or pay off some bills, or even tackle some home improvements.
For homeowners hoping to expand their living space, an under deck water management system offers a number of benefits:
- Complete customization: By diverting moisture and mitigating its potentially damaging effects, under deck water management systems – like DEK Drain’s proprietary TOPSIDE® product – deliver dry and fully functional space underneath your deck that can be personalized in virtually endless ways. Homeowners can make the most of this previously purposeless area, and let their imaginations run wild. Sure, it can be used for additional, optimized storage, or it can be outfitted with the comforts of home to create a private bungalow, an outdoor home theater, a backyard barbecue gathering space, a sunroom, and so much more. Many deck owners opt for a finished ceiling that they can accessorize with recessed lighting, ornate fans, and other accoutrements.
- Dynamic defenses: An under deck water management system ultimately helps you take shelter from any storm. DEK Drain’s TOPSIDE solution, for example, creates an effective seal and can endure extreme temperatures, while offering steadfast protection against the wind, rain, snow, and other moisture. This helps to eliminate mold and mildew, which in turn deters pests and other creepy crawlies. It also helps to mitigate soil erosion and potential deterioration to your home (but more on that just below).
- Eco friendliness: Doing your best to reduce your carbon footprint and conserve water? Under deck water management systems can help. By diverting, then capturing, the rainwater that flows from your deck, you can use it to water your plants and gardens, reducing waste (and your utility bill)! As mentioned earlier, eliminating the rainwater that pours through your deck also helps to cut down on erosion and runoff, and protects your home’s structural integrity at the same time. Perhaps most importantly, high quality systems will be fashioned from materials that are less abrasive to the environment. DEK Drain, for instance, uses premium rubber membrane, which has far less impact than, say, metal or plastics. And DEK Drain systems require no caulk, solvents, adhesives, glue, or potentially noxious chemicals of any kind.
- Quick and easy installation: Speaking of installation, DEK Drain’s custom-cut, prefabricated panels are designed to meet your exact specifications, providing a perfect fit for your deck. Instructions are straightforward and easy to follow, and there is never any waste, which saves you time, money, and frustration.
- Peace of mind: Not only do under deck water management systems provide homeowners with the satisfaction of knowing that they are tapping into their home’s full potential, but with DEK Drain’s fully transferrable, limited lifetime warranty – the only one of its kind available on the market today – they can also rest assured that their investment is protected for the long-haul.
Spring is fast approaching. DEK Drain’s proprietary under deck water management systems can help you preserve dry, functional space below your deck, paving the way for virtually endless options for storage, entertainment, recreation, relaxation, and more. Contact us today to request a free consultation.